Removal Packing Services Adelaide
The safety of your belongings starts from the packing. Planning and preparation are important to efficient and successful move. Many removalists offer packing and unpacking services. This will remove the stress in packing and organising and will also save you a lot of time doing the arduous tasks. You can also take advantage of the removalists’ expertise in packing for moving. However, you also have the option to self-pack.
Here’s a complete packing checklist for moving;
One Month Before Move
- Booked with movers. Shop around and choose the moving company that can address all your moving needs. Be on the lookout for hidden charges and the cheapest isn’t always your best choice.
- Decided whether to let the removalists pack or do the packing yourself.
- If you are doing the packing, you should start researching and learning how to pack for moving.
- Bought initial packing supplies.
- Started decluttering and organising the things to pack, sell, donate or discard.
- Started packing items for storage.
- Hold your first garage sale.
Two Weeks Before Move
- Bought all required packing supplies.
- Shipped boxes for storage.
- Start packing non-essentials. Extra beddings, kitchen implements not being used, personal collections, extra clothes and toys.
- Cleaned out your pantry, cabinets and closets.
- Taken down wall décors, boxed fragile tableware and other non-essential kitchen items.
- Hold your final garage sale.
- Donate or discard all items you will not be bringing with you.
One Week Before Move
- Organise and pack outdoor items – lawnmowers, garden implements and other equipment. Give away potted plants you will not be bringing with you.
- Boxed all non-essentials.
- Start sealing boxes of non-essentials and rarely-used items.
- Marked the boxes. Colour coding the boxes will make it easier for you to unpack.
Three Days Before Move
- Confirmed booking with the removalist. Confirm the time they will be arriving, the names of the moving crew and ask if there’s anything you need to prepare for them.
- Boxed everything, leaving one open for the essentials that you’re still using.
- Emptied freezers. Unplug and clean all appliances. Box those that you will be bringing into your new home.
- Marked all the boxes.
- Identified items that will travel with you like jewellery, important documents, two sets of clothes for each member of the family, medicines, formula, electronic items and their respective accessories, some toys for the children and other essentials.
One Day Before Move
- Have all boxes sealed and marked.
- Have everything ready for the movers.
- Packed the items and bags that will be travelling with you.
- Cash ready for travel expenses.
Our team is trained to assess, pack, and unpack efficiently and cautiously. Packing and unpacking will secure your valuables and free you a lot of time organising, packing, and boxing. The service also includes packaging materials, so less hassle for you too. This service is optional. You can also do your own packing and unpacking and let us help you with the removals and relocation.